You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Registered Nurse.
Your compassion is tangible: whether your patient is 18 or 85, they feel it in the hand they hold. Families feel it in your prayers. Colleagues feel it in your support.
You know when to move quickly. When to sit quietly. When to laugh loudly.
You’re great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
Lutheran Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 249-bed community-based hospital provides comprehensive, specialty care to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other. Dating back to 1905, we are proud of the rich history and inspiring mission our hospital has embodied for over 110 years.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we’ve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together we’ll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We’ll honor each other’s dignity and surpass the standards we set. We’ll encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
We’ll laugh at each other’s jokes (even the bad ones). We’ll hello and high five. We’ll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We’re proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn. And instead of placing blame we’ll learn and grow together.
As a Registered Nurse you know that every day is different, which is why you need to know how to:
- Conduct and document a thorough assessment of each patient’s medical status upon admission and throughout the patient’s course of treatment.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an individualized treatment plan for each assigned patient.
- Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines described.
- Complete required documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Oversee care delivered by Licensed Practical Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants.
- Attend and participate in clinical team conferences regarding patient progress, problems and needs.
- Act in compliance with hospital, regulatory and professional standards and guidelines.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical currency.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Associate's degree in nursing, required
- Bachelor's degree in nursing, preferred
- Valid license as a Registered Nurse in the State of practice, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
- One (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Registered Nurse on our team we hope you’ll join us. At Lutheran Medical Center you’ll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.