Explore and excel. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference - and real change in the health care industry - you belong at Banner Staffing Services. Apply today.
Banner Staffing Services (BSS) offers Registry/Per Diem opportunities within Banner Health. Registry/Per Diem positions are utilized as needed within our facilities. These positions are great way to start your career with Banner Health. As a BSS team member, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular opportunities within Banner Health.
As a valued and respected Banner Health team member, you will enjoy:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
Registry/Per Diem positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education) is required.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for performing patient assessments, treatments, and medications within scope of training. Position receives general supervision from RN, APN, PA, or Physician in providing patient care.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Evaluates acuity level of patients and insures appropriate matching of patients care needs to unit and hospital resources. Demonstrates the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their specific needs.
2. Performs basic patient care appropriately within scope of training: positioning, transportation, phlebotomy, ECGs, splinting, maintenance of spinal precautions. Administers or monitors medications when indicated and as ordered by a physician. Such medications are limited to those approved for administration and/or monitoring by a paramedic in the State of practice. Assists patient in transfer using proper body mechanics and transfer techniques. Starts peripheral intravenous lines, including external jugular lines, initiates infusion, and maintains and adjusts fluid administration per physician order.
3. Performs cardio-vascular monitoring and management within scope of training.
4. Performs invasive and non-invasive airway management within scope of training examples: oxygen administration, tracheal suctioning, assisted ventilation, positioning, end-tidal CO2 and pulse-ox monitoring.
5. Monitors (does not initiate) the infusion of blood and blood products for rate and patient response.
6. Actively participates in the resuscitation of critical patients as assigned. Observes and monitors patients through the diagnostic phase of treatment.
7. Recognizes changes in patient status that requires notification of charge or primary nurse and physician. Keeps ED charge or primary nurse informed of patient status and current activities. Alerts responsible physician to changes in patient status. Documents assessment and reassessments within unit guidelines on appropriate documentation forms. Documents the incorporation of assessment findings and appropriate standards statement to support desired Patient Outcomes. Documents patient progress toward outcomes and responses to interventions / therapeutic modalities example: Response to pain medication. Documents the discharge plan of care and services consulted during patient visit.
8. Provides leadership in the development and evaluation of the unit orientation and preceptor program. Actively promotes the development of clinical and professional skills of staff members by role modeling, teaching and validating competencies. Maintain a safe environment for patients and co-workers.
9. Works independently to provide excellent patient care. Internal customers include patients, ED leadership, clinical personnel, nursing staff, and physicians. External customers may include patient family members and ambulance agencies.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Current paramedic certification or licensure in state of practice is required, and current BLS, ACLS and PALS certifications are required.
Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care within the established scope of practice. Knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age specific needs. Knowledge of and adherence to appropriate infection control policies and procedures.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R2830
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.