Location: Seattle, Washington
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center is an independent, nonprofit organization providing adult cancer treatment and groundbreaking research focused on cancer and infectious diseases. Based in Seattle, Fred Hutch is the only National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center in Washington.
With a track record of global leadership in bone marrow transplantation, HIV/AIDS prevention, immunotherapy and COVID-19 vaccines, Fred Hutch has earned a reputation as one of the world's leading cancer, infectious disease and biomedical research centers. Fred Hutch operates eight clinical care sites that provide medical oncology, infusion, radiation, proton therapy and related services, and network affiliations with hospitals in five states. Together, our fully integrated research and clinical care teams seek to discover new cures to the world's deadliest diseases and make life beyond cancer a reality.
At Fred Hutch we value collaboration, compassion, determination, excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. These values are grounded in and expressed through the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our mission is directly tied to the humanity, dignity and inherent value of each employee, patient, community member and supporter. Our commitment to learning across our differences and similarities make us stronger. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an anti-racist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, anti-racism and inclusion.
The Nurse Manager is responsible for planning, directing and controlling the services and daily operations of their department/clinics. The manager oversees the administrative functions including day-to-day operations, develop and oversee budget, human resources management, and quality assurance activities for their department/clinic.
This management position collaborates with medical leaders, peers and colleagues at the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) as well as our partner institutions (FHCRC, UWMC and Seattle Children's) to assure the provision of high quality, patient and family-centered care in an environment that facilitates the conduct of clinical research. Work situations range from clinical to managerial and require independent decision-making, analysis, policy and program development, problem and issue resolution and leadership skills.
- With medical staff leaders, is responsible for the organizational, management, operational and administrative activities of the clinics.
- Provides for Registered Nurse and assistive personnel supervision at the appropriate depth and scope for the patient/population needs. Functions as a clinical role model for staff nurses by staying current on clinical practice issues.
- Assures a safe environment for clinical staff to care for patients, including provision of appropriate patient care equipment and assuring compliance with procedures.
- Ensure department is staffed appropriately and supervise staff, including hiring, performance evaluations, ensuring training and development, handling disciplinary action, layoff and termination issues. Provides teaching, coaching and consultation on clinical issues for professional nursing staff.
- Encourages innovative approaches to patient care in collaboration with clinic management team.
- Support and implements specific customer service, financial goals & objectives and quality initiatives consistent with SCCA's strategic plan and goals.
- Prepares and monitors the operating budget. Analyzes financial impact of internal changes and implements clinically sound cost-efficiencies
- Ensures customer satisfaction by analyzing customer complaints, concerns and suggestions and providing appropriate follow-through
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Current Washington State Registered Nurse License
- Works well with team members toward a common purpose; reinforces the efforts and goals of the work group; supports the team's decisions regardless of individual viewpoint.
- Demonstrates good customer relations skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Proficiency in use of standard office computer software programs, equipment and clinical information systems
- Master's Degree in healthcare or business or an equivalent in combination of education and experienced
- Possesses working knowledge of financial processes, including budget preparation and asset management
- Experience in implementing Lean principles and Continuous Process Improvement Methodology
This position is patient facing and/or requires access to Fred Hutch clinical facilities. As such, full COVID-19 vaccination is required as a condition of employment, without exception. Booster doses are strongly recommended but not required. If declining a booster, completion of the COVID-19 Vaccination Status Form Questionnaire and COVID-19 Booster Declination Training is required. Because of our immunocompromised patient population, there are no medical or religious accommodations available for any employee who is patient facing and/or requires access to Fred Hutch clinical facilities. Only employees whose positions are fully remote, who are not patient facing and/or require no access to clinical facilities, may apply for medical or religious accommodations. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees must provide proof of vaccination before their first day of employment.
A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in your career or that will be made through your work at Fred Hutch is requested of all finalists.
The annual base salary range for this position is from $123,203 to $194,739 and pay offered will be based on experience and qualifications.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center offers employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance health, well-being, and financial security. Benefits include medical/vision, dental, flexible spending accounts, life, disability, retirement, family life support, employee assistance program, onsite health clinic, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation (12-22 days per year), paid sick leave (12-25 days per year), paid holidays (13 days per year), paid parental leave (up to 4 weeks), and partially paid sabbatical leave (up to 6 months).
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at [email protected]
or by calling 206-667-4700.